Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The countdown is on now!

Yesterday was a productive day at our house.  Everyone is very excited. The younger kids are finished school now and Jacob has one more exam to write today.  Our focus has shifted from school to bringing home our little girl.  So yesterday we did as much decluttering and organizing as we could.  The boys spent the morning cleaning out their room which is pretty amazing for a 12 year old and a 15 year old.  I was impressed!
I have one suitcase packed and two more to start today once laundry is done. Still so many little things to think about.
I have to admit, yesterday I was very tired and feeling somewhat overwhelmed about the trip and leaving the kids.  Before bed last night I was encouraged as I read some blogs of other families who have adopted, some who have done it multiple times adopting children with a variety of special needs.  I am truly amazed by these stories and the strength they have as they put their faith in God. 
This morning I feel better and focused again on this little girl that will soon be home here with us.  I know that God is greater than my fear or weakness.  So we ask for your prayers as we leave this Thursday and we hold to the verse in Isaiah 26:3,4 that tells us,
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord is the Rock eternal."

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment